(A Tour of the
Universe with Sky and Telescope's popular columnist)
by Sue French
A new collection from Sky and Telescope's
Sue French's elegant, informative monthly columns
in Sky and Telescope magazine have won this astronomy
writer a passionate following among astronomy enthusiasts.
In 2005, French published 60 of these columns in
Celestial Sampler, a book that garnered rave reviews
and earned bestseller sales.
Deep-Sky Wonders is a welcome
expansion of that winning format. A new collection
of the best of French's "Deep-Sky Wonders" columns,
the book is organized by season and subdivided
into months, offering readers a total of 100 in-depth
tours of the deep sky with enduring relevance.
The book includes:
• Full-color photographs
and detailed sketches of each tour
• Descriptions of double and variable stars, star
nebulae, galaxies and exotics
• Historical and scientific background of particular
• A tabular listing of the deep-sky sights
• Color charts showing the position of each target
• An index to all of the deep-sky objects covered.